Property Maintenance

When you live in supported accommodation or your own general maintenance of the property is a joint responsibility between you and the landlord. You must keep the property clean and tidy and can assist in ensuring things don’t break by looking after your property. If something breaks from general wear and tear than the landlord should fix this. If you break something this is your responsibility. If you do so deliberately this is called ‘criminal damage’ and this is an offense.

If you need support for general maintenance you can ask your Personal Adviser or Social Worker. You should also be shown basic DIY skills before you move to your own place and you can use these in your own place.