Budgeting Support

Your Social Worker or Personal Adviser can support you to complete a ‘financial assessment’ which looks at your income and spendings and forms the basis of your budget plan which they can also help you with. Sometimes it may be your foster carer, keyworker or someone else who does this with you. It’s very important that you learn to budget as this will help you when you are living independently.

You can also be supported by the Welfare Reform Team who can provide budgeting advice and support. You can contact them by emailing welfare.reform@sutton.gov.uk

If you end up in debt, it’s important that you let you Social Worker or Personal Adviser know as soon as possible. We can help you by referring you to debt support services and developing a payment plan to get you back on track.